Saturday, February 7, 2015

4.3 - Blog 4: Ethical Issues in the News

While I was researching for this blog I came across an interesting article that immediately captured my full attention. The article was on the reasons behind ISIS brutality and horrendous acts against mankind. The Jordanian pilot, the Japanese execution, etc. all contribute to the totally twisted idea that mankind has limits to what he is capable of. Some people argue for the common good in people; which would bring up the question of how this could happen if that was the case. Others would argue that there is no common good in mankind and it's relative to the situations people are placed in. The questions surrounding ISIS are ethically and morally related. They do their dirty work in the name of their "morality" or their "ethics", but how could a human treat another human like this? Surely there are "universal laws" that describe situations like this. There must be some sort of general universal truth regarding these kinds of people, right? Here is a link to the article I found, and I hope that maybe it would help you answer some of the questions in your own mind.


http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/08/isis-islamic-state-ideology-sharia-syria-iraq-jordan-pilot

No comments:

Post a Comment